Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"Mom, it's me....."

So Bella is gone. At this moment she is in Kalamazoo, Michigan, but will be leaving there today for Charlotte, North Carolina where she will be spending a couple of weeks with her all time best friend. She was so excited last week in preperation for it. Everyday, "Mom don't forget to do my laundry", "Mom, I don't think I have enough underwear for two weeks", "Mom, do you think I'll be swimming alot?" - - it was excessive, but I was so happy for her. She hasn't spent a week away from home in a few summers because of our moving, so she was so totally ready for this.

Knowing that she would be away from home, I wanted her to be able to call anytime she wanted. Her father and I agreed that she could get a cell phone. It also made sense because my contract had been up and after doing alot of research I found an amazing deal on two phones. We did not tell her, we wanted it to be a surprise. When it came and I told her one was hers - her scream could be heard for miles. In fact I wish I would have had the forethought to record it. For three days prior to her leaving she played with it and figured out parts of it, I didn't know it had, including the ring tones. She recorded her voice on my phone saying, "Mom, it's me, pick up the phone..." - and then set this to be the tone that would ring whenever she would call me. I have to say, it makes me smile the minute I hear it AND when there is so much going on and I would normally NOT hear my phone, as a mom, hearing my child's voice however small it is, is something that I can always achieve, so this alone nearly ensures that I'll answer everytime.

She has called several times a day and the first night was a bit rocky, but since, she is just checking in - - - when I spoke with her friend's mom, Kim, she mentioned that they could bring her back to Louisville around the 19th!!! Almost 3 weeks!! I am blown away that Kim would be that daring - someone else's child for 3 weeks!!! I had planned on driving down to get her around the 8th or 9th, but as it turns out, we are just going to play it by ear. Right now, I am shooting for around the 13th because we have a trip to New York later in the month and things to do in the in between...including a side trip to Winston-Salem to see some of my best friends. I can't wait....although, once I get there, I know I will not want to come home. And on our way back from there, we are stopping in Pikeville, KY to see my sister and nieces...so we are looking forward to it. Keep your fingers crossed that Soph still does as well as typical in the car.

On that note, the Soph note - while she misses Bella - I know this has been great for her. She is really enjoying just being 3!!!! And I am really enjoying watching it. Well I must close - but can't wait to hear from Bella again today and have to say to you all just how very proud I am of her. She is such a good girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment