Monday, July 21, 2008

Expecting God's Miracles

So life doesn't always turn out the way we plan. I can admit that on many levels. But as I had the privilage to lead a women's crisis group in church on Thursday I was reminded of one of the most simple ways to see change ~ Expect it.

One of the women wants change greatly in her life. There are specifics for her and she asks to receive them daily, but adds that she is by no means ready to receive them yet. I paused and thought about what to say. I explained to her that by saying that she is telling God, "I want the great things that you have in store for me, just not yet." We get so egotistical and selfish that we forget who is ultimately in control and who knows best. I told her that she needs to prepare herself to receive miracles. That instead of saying I have to work on the house, or get in shape or touch this or that up, we must proceed with action. God can only meet us as far as our hearts will let Him. She seemed to receive what I had to say well and in conversation with her briefly this weekend I can see that she is attempting. I can't wait to hear what continues to happen for her.

So I decided to put this to test in my life. I live by this creed daily, but there are areas that can always use a little adjustment, one being our current living arrangements. I kept saying, I know God will provide what I need, I just need to do my part and ready the house and yard and list the house, in other words, "I'll get to it tomorrow". Well, I decided to list the house anyway. Less than 24 hours later and with lots to do, there are many families interested.

My point is, God provides, miracles happen - we just have to do our part!!!

Psalm 37:4 ~ Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment