Saturday, November 29, 2008

Message through music

I went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday with my mom. I have heard their music for years and have fond memories of them because they were one of my father's favorites. The show was fantastic and while there, I was able to really listen to the words and receive the message they were sending with each note.

There were several songs I loved, but there was one that really got me ~ "This Christmas Day". As I narrowed my ears to really hear what was being sung I was amazed that the words so perfectly described what is in my heart this season. See, I have always loved celebrating Christmas! It is a time that since I was a child was filled with magic...the lights, trees, shiny ornaments, cookies...everything that goes into it. As I grew, the appreciation did too. I began to focus more and more on Christ and the reasons to celebrate, which only made the season more magical for me. That said, this year is different and I wasn't able to put my finger on it, until last night. These words and suddenly the lightbulb came on:

"She's coming home this Christmas Day
All at once the world
It doesn't seem the same
And in a single night
You know it all has changed
And everything is now as it should be

I have the ornament
I have the perfect tree
I have a string of lights
I have a chance to see
Everything that my heart thought could be"

It's not the "she" that's coming home, it is the "he" that did.

That's why!! Right there. Everything is as it should be - my family back under one roof, united!!It is everything that my heart thought could be and more! I have been given that chance I always dreamed of - a chance to see my husband in a whole new light! To know a man that I am learning more about each day. My eyes well up just at the thought. He is such a gift to me and with each day that passes this season my heart grows more and more and my gratitude to God rises with every breath. I can not rejoice enough! For that alone, every individual light on our tree will be its own shout to the heavens and each it's own praise to God. Every cookie delivered will be in the name of our Savior, every song sung will be to honor our King and each gift will be wrapped with precise awareness of the gifts we've been given!!!

"...My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior." Luke 1:46-47

No comments:

Post a Comment