Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Just thinking about the many men and women serving our country right now and all those that have in the past. We were discussing wars and such at the table at lunch and it really helped to bring home the point to Bella that our freedom is not free! My father served as an Lieutenant in the US Navy when the Vietnam war was still just a conflict and I remember conversations with him about his feelings on the military. He was so proud to have served his country and had such stories and history to share I just wish I would have had the foresight to ask him to write them down and more importantly thank him! I mean really thank him. I don't think that I ever truly did. He knew that I enjoyed listening and that I loved looking at the slides he took and always remarked about how handsome he looked in his whites, but I never said thank you!!! So while I can't say it to my father I can say it for those now serving and those that will come to serve- Thank you! Thank you for choosing my freedom over your freedoms, for putting my needs ahead of your own personal gain, for selflessly willing to risk your own life and your family's well being. Thank you to those wives and husbands, children and parents who stay behind and struggle so that I can go to a church of my choosing, practice my faith, raise my children and live in a country that, for the most part, treasure's human life. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! From the bottom of my heart - Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment