Thursday, May 15, 2008

Friends

I have been very blessed to have so many wonderful friends. Some of whom I don't talk to daily and almost all of which do not even live in the same city, let alone the same state. Today I was reminded what the Godly sense of a friend is - someone who seeks to lift you up or restore you, not anyone who wants to embarrass, judge or expose you. Gossip is something I don't have a great deal of patience with. It seems to be something that dictates the days for so many and drives individuals to do and say things that can be hurtful, whether they think the person they are discussing freely knows or not. Ultimately, any relationship where one person is busy looking for the things wrong in the other party has no chance in being healthy. I know that we often look to what others may say or do and pick it apart, so that ultimately we can, in some gory way, bring glory to ourselves. We really are a selfish people....we get so engrossed in things as we know them, that we may be overlooking when people in our lives just need an ear or hug.

So, in this, I just want to say Thanks guys! I have been so blessed with so many wonderful friends in my life - - friends that truly work to restore me! You are an amazing people and I am so thankful for you guys. You know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment