Thursday, January 3, 2008

How quickly she is learning....

Sweet Sophie Grace is surprising me daily with her words. I know there will come a day that I won't remember that she didn't speak until she was almost 2 1/2 years old - that it will seem she has been speaking forever....the wonderful, yet bittersweet, part is that day will be coming very soon. At dinner tonight we were all talking and laughing and just out of the blue, she leaned into me put her arms around my neck and clearly said "I love you too Mama!"

My heart melted. I smiled and laughed with so much pride for her. Bella did too, which prompted Soph to say "Love you too Bella" - - and she began to clap.

Not to mention, just yesterday we were listening to music in my office and Sophie knocked down a part of an old trunk they play with, climbed on top with a pencil in hand and began to dance and sing like she was performing. When did that happen - - her ability to become a kid so quickly. Outside of her size there isn't a lot of baby left in her.

I am so proud of how she is growing. So many times through each day I either say to myself or someone else how terrific my girls are. I am so incredibly blessed, there is no denying it.

They are such treasures and joys to watch grow. I am so incredibly privileged.

No comments:

Post a Comment